Stay warm and sleep well while you’re roaming the world with the Macpac Escapade 700 standard length down sleeping bag. Filled with 600 loft duck encased in a Pertex® Microlight shell, the Escapade 700 is a great option for sleeping in mild temperatures with a comfort rating of 2 ° C and an EN tested lower limit of -3 °C. It has a semi rectangular shape which offers excellent comfort and durability, and it easily tucks away into your luggage with the included compression stuff sac. The Macpac Escapade 700 also features side and foot zippers, allowing the sleeping bag to be opened up completely so it can function as a duvet.
- Pertex® Microlight outer - lightweight, wind resistant, highly breathable and luxuriously soft
- Independent side and foot zips provide comfort control options
- Trapezoid baffles - interlocking compartments promote warmth
- Unique throat collar holds structure and supports neck tube for greater warmth - with adjustable bungy
- Draft tube functionality - eliminates zip draft through unique design
- Differential cut separates inner from outer and enhances loft and warmth
- Continuous baffles for strategic down placement to manage comfort
- Compression sack for functional bulk reduction
- Soft touch dome closure
- Capable of converting to a duvet for indoor functionality
- Handy inside zip pocket
Down keeps you comfortable while you sleep by trapping warm air, heated by your body, within the down plumules. The down plumules form pockets of warm air, which surround you, keeping you insulated and comfortable. The quality of the down is the crucial factor that determines how well your bag will perform. The quality of down is measured by a variety of standards, the most important being fill power which measures loft. Loft is the ability of down to expand and fill the space in your sleeping bag baffles. The greater the loft of the down, the greater the insulating performance. We have selected different types of down for each type of bag to deliver optimum performance and comfort.
Down in your Macpac sleeping bag:
Macpac has carefully sourced our down to ensure premium loft, warmth and durability. Our goose down is of the highest quality. Birds matured naturally in the harsh mountain climates produce down with well-developed and robust plume structures, providing excellent loft and resilience.
The down in each of our sleeping bag ranges are:
- Epic-range: 90/10 HyperDRY™ Water Resistant Goose Down
- Latitude-range: 90/10 Goose Down
- Esacpade-range: 80/20 Duck Down
Q: Is the down plucked from live animals?
A: No it’s not. Our down supplier only sources down that’s a by-product from the meat industry.
Q: How do you guarantee the fill power of the down?
A: Every batch of down is independently tested by the IDFL (International Down & Feather Laboratory) and fill power is guaranteed.